Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My visit to Japan(Part II)..

During my stay in Japan, I was hosted by two families. I stayed with my second host family for five days. The family has four children and they are all guys. Yet, they are all younger than me where the eldest son is 15 years old and the youngest child is only eight. We were not very close due to language barrier as they can only speak limited english. Yet, we share something in common. We love fooling around when we visit ------------------> HERE..

Guess what, it is onsen, the public bath. The kids love playing with me when we are just wearing our own skin without any clothes on. They washed my back where as I gave them a few spanks in butt for pulling off my 'hair'. It was fun back then even though we were using body language only as our communication tool.

Anyway, my second host father is a priest. I stayed in his temple and there is a lake in front of the temple. It is an ideal, peaceful place with lots sakura tress. But, too bad, it was winter season. Tak ada sakura flower~~


During the new year celebration, my host family will be busy doing preparation for the temple. The woman will do the cooking whereas the man will help to settle things in front of the temple.

For your information, most of the japanese go to temples during the new year eve. Besides, the elders will give angpao to the younger generation. It is something like the new year celebration for the Chinese.


When it was around 10pm, they started to burn woods with some words written on it. I asked my host family about it but due to language barrier, we were like chicken and duck, unable to express our thoughts. Anyway, I guess it was part of their new year celebration ritual.


It was freezing cold that night as it was winter season. All of us were standing around the fire to keep our body warm.

Then, when it's 12.00 am in the morning, which is 1st of January 2007, we started to hit the gong.

I was the second person hitting the gong after my host father. According to them, I am the VIP from Malaysia.

We were supposed to hit the gong loud but apparently, some of the people did not do it properly and in the end, it was just 'gong' instead of "GGGGGOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGGGGG! ! !"..

We need to hit the gong for 108 times if I am not mistaken. Each and everyone of the people there will be given a chance to hit the gong, if there is not enough 108 people, anyone can hit it again until it reaches 108 times.

Then, we started to the pray.


I was praying with them in my shorts. I thought it will be around 10 to 15 mins. But, I was sooooo wrong. It lasted for an hour.

It was not that cold at first but it got from bad to worst. It was freeezing cold. In the end, I got sick on the following day.

So, the lesson of the night, do not wear shorts when you pray during the winter season.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, cant post up comment in ur chat box, so just post it here. umm.. nice blog ya. a good place to learn and explore to Japanese culture. do keep it up! :)

~LiNg LInG~ said...

wow, its very happy to get a chance to go Japan. you must learn a lot about the culture there. I hope i have a chance to go there too!

JJTan said...

YinNee.
Haha.. thanks...

Ai Ling,
Yea, it was a brand new experience. If you want to go, you can try to apply it at the International School.

AhKenn said...

why all ur japanese written blogs are like toddler's stuttering?

JJTan said...

Haha, in a sense, I am a toddler. But this small kid here will grow in a fast pace, from walk straight away to fly skipping the running part.. Haha..